First week at WATE

First week at WATE
Hard at work!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 5!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010


So this is LONG over! Two weeks ago tomorrow, Josh and I were assigned a story on moonshine. A new moonshine distillery is opening up in Gatlinburg, TN on July 2nd. Josh and I headed up to Gatlinburg to check it out and see how the moonshine process works. When this distillery officially opens the public will get the opportunity to see how moonshine is made and they will even be able to sample it! That is if you are at least 21. :-) Josh allowed me to film a standup using a mason jar of moonshine. This was by far the best standup I have done yet. All the employes were extremely friendly and glad we came out to do this story. They even let us pick out a t-shirt from their merchandise store. Covering this story made me realize that working in the news industry, I am really going to present stories of all natures.



The moonshine process

Josh filming at the distillery

For this week, Tuesday was the only day I could go out with a reporter. A lot of people were on vacation; therefore, I was asked to stay back on Wednesday and Thursday to teleprompt the 5, 6, and 6:30 shows. This didn't end up being too bad because it rained all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment